Tuesday, April 6, 2010

humble animals

While driving on the street to work today, I noticed the bags and bags of trash overflown out of the trash barrels in front of houses and stores.

It occurred to me the other day how much trash I am generating all the time. Sometimes I am surprised how fast I have to throw my trash out, while I am not even using much or buying much. But I constantly am bringing out trash. Where do they come from?

While walking in the woods, I often am amazed by how clean the woods is. All I see is leaves, twigs, dirts, all natural, all from nature, and going back to nature.

All animals in the nature are all so humble in the way they live and die. They come to this world, live, thrive, suffer, and die, following the natural cycle, bringing nothing to the world and bringing nothing with them when they leave.

Look around our human society. What a egocentric way of living. We somehow think that we can do whatever we want and we can change this world into the way we want it to be. We create so many stuff out of our litte heads to "solve problems" or to "make our lives better." We accumulate, resist, never satisfy, change, thinking that there is always somemthing wrong with where we are or who we are or what we do. We constantly want to be somewhere else better, going soomewhere else or creating something, or thinking something.

Why can't we just learn from the animals and the nature? Be humble. Surrender. All animals have come and go in all type of circumstances, why think that we should be any different or that we should always be comfortable, happy, healthy, strong, successful?

Tears come pouring out from my eyes.

Can't we be like a tree or the grass and be humble and flexible?

Only then can our true nature shines through.

No comments:

Post a Comment