Saturday, August 21, 2010

From body to being

The more experience with meditation and yoga, the more sensitive we become toward our body awareness. Our body becomes something we go by to make decisions.

I am familiar with the state where every part of the body is relaxed. Whenever I am stressed, I would go back to my body trying to find out which part is tense. Then I would tell myself to imagine ample blood flow or energy flow flood through every part of my body. I instantly become energized.

This is not something I am very aware of during my first awakening. During the first time, my energy was so strong that I was emersed in strong flow all day long. The profound change took place, but it happened due to a sudden loss of self. It wasn't something I could control. After the whole thing die down in two years, I had no idea how to get back in there.


This time around, I traced back little by little and got to know my body and my mind separately. I found that in order to get in touch with the mind, the body plays the major role.

After a long stressful work day, I would cearly be aware of my tense body. The tension is not easy to get over. I sesnse this tension staying with me until I sit down to meditate.

Right away, I would relax my body and still sense the anxiety in me, body and mind mismatched, an uncomfortable feeling. The self inquiring questtion comes to me automatically " Can I handle this?" "Am I pretending anything?" "How does this feel?" "Let me just do this." "What's that inside?" "What happens when I don't do anything?" "What happens when I let it happens inside?"

At the turn of from tense to relax, anxious to calm, pretentious to real, in both body and mind, something in me seems to flow, and I always sob at this juncture, from a full blown weeping, to just a crying sensation.

Then this feeling of being in touch would appear. Not yet ultimate, because the body memory of uncomforableness will still be there for a while, until the new energy wash everything away.

Then the energy shakes and rocks the body, until it stops.

This is when the energy keeps coming and coming, a totally different being emerges.

This usually brings on a very restful sleep afterwards and very clear, long dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment