Sunday, August 22, 2010

Canadian geese family


I have not seen the Canadian geese family since the week before, the geese family that I visited for about three months.



I fed them Saturday the week before, and then I didn't see them again on that Sunday, and last week, and this week. I was worried something bad happened to them, like the two chicks out of the three mysteriously disappearing two months ago. They are stubborn birds and usually stand their grounds. No preditors are seen in the area either. I hope they are just moving on, now that the chick is big enough to fly.



Without them, the lake is now empty and returns to its forever nothingness.



I miss them, feeling the loss of something dearing.



I will never forget the moment I shared with them. They became acquainted with me, came swimming or flying over to me right away from across the lake when I appear. With no lacking of joggers, or dog walkers by the lake, I often wonder how they tell me apart.



Sometimes on a drizzling morning, I would be the only one came to the lake with an umbrella. They would come to my side, the mother goose, the father goose, and their chick.



They really are natural beauties. I am always in awe in their presence. What a magnificent bird, almost unreal. All they eat is just grass, seaweed, and they grow to be this beautiful creatures.



Yes, they don't try to be beautiful. They are beautiful, effortlessly. They are just geese. They swim around the lake all day long, without doing anything. When they are not in the water, they stand on the rocks clean their own feathers.



The mother and the father are very responsible parents. One of them is always standing guard when the family is feeding.



Hopefully they will come back again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment