Wednesday, March 3, 2010

2010 Leadership Shining Star Award

Last month, I received 2010 Leadership Shining Star Award among the 600-700 employees citywide, standing side by side with another veteran program director who is highly respected in the field. Considering myself being so new in my role in leadership, I feel extremely recognized and also congratulate myself for all my hard work and dedication.

It has never been a goal of mine to receive an award. I just do how things should be done. The focus is intense. The vision is clear. There is just so much energy and direction in me that I want to serve my people well, while also feeling very competent. Most of the time though, there is just no time to think or ponder.

There were sometimes sleepless nights, due to the constant flow of ideas and excitement.

Good words also flow around about me. Some original opposition and gossips decline over time.

The corrsponding growth/development of inner purpose and outer purpose seems to start to complement and shape each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment