Monday, December 7, 2009

My route to the now--for me anyway

From my experience, I would say the reason why "now" is so hard to focus for people is because we just have too many stuff layered on us--emotions, body tension, thoughts, memories. I know that in theory we are supposed to be able to "just be", "just be aware of all things around you."
Without a process, without a trigger, I never was able to "just be."

Looking back, I think I just have too much conditioned responses to things, past, present, and future, that I don't know how to just be present anymore.

A lot of the responses are hidden that have gone into our subconsciousness. Without a process, it's hard to reach just by will power.

For me the trigger was a breaking up of my own self-identity, due to a traumatic loss of relationship. The process is to undo the conditioned layers of reactions---through intense meditation.

This is my route any way. And this was the only way that worked for me.

I would also say that inner energy (inner body) is the thing that centers us in the now, no matter what route we take. Get it out and then get it settled, we will be totally present and can't be affected easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment